MAJ Mark Stoddard, then a captain, and the ABNSOTD testing the Russian LET-410 Aircraft for suitability for airborne operations in 2000. The ABNSOTD, Airborne and Special Operations Test Directorate, are the Army’s independent operational testers for anything airborne or airdrop. The team successfully jumped the aircraft multiple times, noting that the aircraft forced the jumpers to exit slowly and duck before the door. The test officer on this specific jump is CSM Pete Morakon, who sadly passed away on June 3, 2020. Never let their stories die. Airborne. All the way.
- Operation Market Garden: A Bridge Too Far
- Operation Alamo: 503rd Landing At Nadzab
- Operation Dragoon: The 1st Airborne Task Force (ABTF) Jumps Into France
- Operation Husky: The 505th Brave The Storm Into Sicily
- Operation Table Tennis: The 503rd Jumps Into New Guinea
- THE BATTLE FOR MUSA QALA
- MORE THAN JUST A JUMP
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE PARAMARINES
- HOW TO BECOME LICENSED SKYDIVER
- HAVE A PLAN
- A Brief History Of Glider Infantry In World War II
- Five Years Ago, we were “Lying to Ourselves.” Is the Army still doing it?
- How To Speak With a Civilian Employer
- Airborne Equipment: The Rupert